Saturday, May 28, 2011

HW 59 - SOF Prom 2011 & DSPs

        I did not go to prom. Mostly because it was not my prom. Partly because it was a thursday night and I was tired. I certainly would have attended if it was my prom. From what I heard it was a lot of fun. My friend from another school mentioned that she had a terrible experience at her prom. And that teachers were having more fun than students. I think that her experience demonstrates the negative parts of prom. She spent lots of money on cloths and spent hours preparing for an event she thought was going to be for her and her friends. 

Someone who attended the SOF prom described the after party ware there were no speakers and everyone pitched in a few dollars and they were able to buy speakers. This demonstrated unity that I liked. To me the purpose of prom is to spend time with and bond with the people you have been working with for 4 plus years. I hope next year I have a similar experience.

I do look forward to prom. I can only expect that it will be a mixture of the bad and the good. From the experiences I have heard about I think I will show up in a dress I already have and try to have a good time with everyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment